Section of Forensic Pathology
The Section of Forensic Pathology carries out forensic examinations of living and deceased persons. Examinations are carried out by doctors trained in forensic medicine and with due respect to the sensitive nature of the task.
- General forensic examinations, the external examination of the deceased
- Forensic autopsies, which include CT and sometimes MR scans of the deceased
- Crime scene investigations at death under suspicious circumstances
- Identification of corpses
- Forensic examinations of alleged victims and suspects
- Age evaluation
- Forensic anthropological examinations
- Forensic odontological examinations
Cases investigated includes homicides, assault, rape, suicides, sudden natural deaths, fatal traffic accidents and other domestic or work-related accidents.